Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Around the World Suitcase box

So I'm in a swap and I made this box as a gift to hold all the goodies that will be wrapped and inside the box.

First, I sanded the box and prepped it for being covered with Tim Holtz's fabric, the one I chose was the map for this particular project.

After that, I covered it using matte mod podge, then the hard coat on top afterward when it had dried from being covered.




I made these leather straps using some of Tim's buckles to make it look more like a suitcase, the goal I was going for was and old fashioned suitcase, looks good so far huh?
 

Here's the box completed, I covered the name for privacy. But I used sticky back canvas, inked it with different browns from the distress ink pads. I think I used tea dye, vintage photo, and walnut stain.

After drying the inking, I die cut her name using these my new die cut letters.
 


I hope you all like my suitcase box!

~Phoenix

1 comment: