Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November Tag 2015

Whether you choose to call this season autumn or fall, both technically correct, I always think of kids laughter and playing in the piles of raked fallen leaves.

Here is the tag that I did based off of some of the methods that Tim Holtz used on his November tag of 2015 tags.


I started with a plain #8 vanilla tag.


I then attempted the stamping with the distress paint with a mixture of walnut stain and picket fence. I didn't have a roller, so I just used a piece of cut'n'dry foam. It worked ok, but didn't come out the best once I applied the pumice stone inking to the edges. It didn't do the resist effect I had hoped for, but still looked nice.


I then added the foiling to the edges using the glue stick and foil transfers that I had on hand. Afterwards, I sprayed and glued on just at the bottom stem my "falling leaves." I mixed my own shimmer spray together using the method of adding a few drops of spiced marmalade and some perfect pearls powder to get the shimmer and color effect.



I then stamped the flags, colored, and cut out the letters on the flags. After all that, I "domed" the flags using the method Tim shows on his pumpkin for his Nov. tag.


Next was cutting and inking the edges of my flags. I used pumice stone. It's my new favorite! LOL


Afterwards was piercing the holes needed for the flag banner, stringing them together, and then attaching.




I put the string through the brad, or fastener, then through the tag, and twisting it around to secure it. I made extra sure to push down hard to make it stay in one place and not unravel on me lol.


My last step was putting on the "play" typed token of Tim's line and the seam binding ribbon colored in distress ink pad wild honey and vintage photo. Two of my other favorite colors of his. They're perfect for this time of year! (Well any time of year for me lol)


And here is my finished product use some rather simple but effect (for my level of experience) techniques from Tim Holtz's Tags of 2015 - November Tag.

Just remember everyone this took me HOURS to do. I didn't do this in a matter of minutes. So give yourself credit if something takes you a bit longer to finish than when you started. Just keep working at it like I did and you'll get the results you want eventually!

Happy crafting everyone!

~Phoenix









2 comments:

  1. I love what you did for this! (And thanks for showing the steps on how you created it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely version of Tim's tag - love your Fall banner!

    ReplyDelete